If your business incurred costs directly related to COVID-19 (such as Personal Protective Equipment) that have not already been reimbursed by Federal program funds, you may be eligible for a grant for up to $20,000. Please note that this grant program appears to have limited application.
Application Period, Amount and Purpose of Funds
Applications for grants up to $20,000 begin Monday, November 23, 2020 at noon and will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis through noon on December 4, 2020, or until funds are exhausted.
- Grant funding is to be used to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19 only. Funds may not be utilized to replace or supplant any other funding nor to fill any revenue shortfall. No other purpose is authorized.
- Alabama-based businesses with 50 or fewer employees
- Alabama-based non-profits
- Alabama-based faith-based organizations
- In business and fully operational as of March 1, 2020 and continues to be as of the date of the application
- Located and registered to operate in Alabama
- Incurred eligible expenses due to the interruption of business
Ineligible Uses of Funds
- As reimbursement for cost or damages covered by insurance
- For expenses that have been, or will be, reimbursed by any other Federal program, including Paycheck Protection Program, Economic Injury Disaster Loan, or Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. (Note: businesses which received Federal program funds may still apply for this grant; however eligible expenses must be reduced by those reimbursements.)
- For reimbursement to donors for donated items or services
- For workforce bonuses other than hazard pay or overtime
- For severance pay
- For legal settlements
Additional Information and Link to Application
Information Needed for Application
- Employer Identification Number
- A current W-9 Form
- Copy of a voided check or bank memo
- Other information may be required, which may be determined once access to the online application is available
If you have any questions or if we can be of assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Partners of
Russell Thompson Butler & Houston, LLP